Companies face operational, technology and organizational challenges when operating globally. As a partner to these companies, Welocalize recognizes that our internal technology platform is foundational to enabling the success of our clients’ localization programs. We have embraced digital transformation by developing the next generation technology platform that is architected with these imperatives:
- Scalability for small projects to volume services
- Managed and automated processes for speed, agility, and control
- Data-driven decision support and performance management
- Smart resourcing for capacity and quality management
This foundational platform unifies tasks and content management across our project delivery lifecycles integrated with an expansive network of over 30,000 linguistic experts. The result is a modern service delivery environment that supports interoperability, automation, and flexibility.
The operational result for our clients is significant: it is easier to work with our project managers, our translators, localization engineers and other business stakeholders to get things done.
Our technology platform also enables us to support clients within their current ecosystem as well as be prepared for future requirements. In current state, this means integrating with enterprise systems like content management systems (CMS), product information management software (PIM), and marketing automation platforms (MAP). In future state, this may mean evaluating how data is modeled and captured to support machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI).
We start by understanding content requirements, information technology infrastructure, and desired business outcomes to support different deployment models, for example:
- Support a client’s existing translation management system (TMS) by aligning trained project managers and translation resources through smart resourcing
- Enhance a client’s existing TMS by customizing connectors, workflows, and integrated applications
- Streamline an evaluation and proof of concept of commercially available TMS to determine fit for purpose
- Deploy an open-source TMS that is standards-compliant and supports interoperability