Here are the most read Welocalize blog posts of 2013:
1. What’s More Important in Localization: Time, Cost or Quality?
Welocalize CEO Smith Yewell’s most popular post this year recommends that we stop thinking about content as “one size fits all”. He suggests we need to align quality programs with business requirements to maximize return on content and move beyond the “usual way of doing things.”
2. Dell and Welocalize: The Biggest Machine Translation Program Ever?
“Customers who interact with Dell in their native language will be much more engaged and satisfied with their experience from Dell.com. Welocalize is playing a key role in the success of our global audience,” Wayne Bourland, Dell.
3. Picture Perfect. Quality at Canon: In translation, different quality models apply for different content
Bjorn Harris shares insights about the quality control process for the localization of the digital camera range at Canon.
4. MT. Here to Stay.
Olga Beregovaya, Welocalize VP, Language Tools, shares the buzz around machine translation (MT). Olga answers questions including: What’s the major development in MT? What are the two main topics surrounding MT now? What are challenges facing clients for MT?
5. LocLeaders Offers Valuable Insight
Smith Yewell, Welocalize CEO recaps the 2013 Silicon Valley LocLeaders Forum. Localization leaders discuss what IMPACT will translation have on their business objectives and ROI expectations.
6. Technically Speaking: XLIFF, Agile, XML, the cloud, CMS, TMS and the Evolving Localization Supply Chain
Derek Coffey, SVP of Technology and Development at Welocalize, shared his viewpoint about the future of the technology powering the localization supply chain.
7. Welocalize Office Exchange Program
Employees from around the globe participate in this employee program in order to focus on the essence of collaboration. Read about the program and some of the top stories of 2013 shared by our team members.
8. LocLeaders Forum 2013 Silicon Valley: Complexity, Speed and Measuring Impact
Erin Wynn shares how the LocLeaders think-tank helps us elevate daily decisions regarding language services to best practices and triggers for innovation. Partnering helps us to understand the real business goals. When we, as a provider and a buyer, tie our goals and tactics together, we can certainly achieve more!
9. Welocalize Ranked 2nd Fastest Growing Language Service Provider
The 2013 report from Common Sense Advisory recognizes Welocalize as having one of the highest sustained revenue increases from 2010 to 2012.
10. A forest worth of flipcharts. Myriad markers. Countless clattering coffee cups. Céad míle fáilte to Welocalize Vendor Summit 2013.
The annual Welocalize Vendor Summit 2013 hot topics discussed with vendors and translation companies included interoperability, machine translation, recruitment, operational excellence and more. Read about the highlights from the event.
We look forward to sharing and collaborating in the 2014!