Throughputs: What is Behind Productive Post-Editing?
Language tools expert Laura Casanellas details key topics related to human translation and machine translation post-editing, production, throughputs and measuring success.
Topics for this recorded webinar include:
- Defining throughputs for human translation and machine translation post-editing
- How to accurately compare individual throughputs for translating and post-editing
- What are the most common deviations in throughputs
- How to spot progress and performance improvement
- Who really benefits from post-editing
The MT Engine Lifecycle: Tools-Driven Content Curation and Engine Training
Welocalize’s language automation expert Alex Yanishevsky highlights the stages of the MT engine lifecycle in this recorded online event.
Do you have “the right data” to train a machine translation engine? The lack of parallel data is a major impediment to training a client-targeted machine translation engine. Too much data can also be a problem. It has been proven that an abundance of uncurated parallel data can lead to underperforming machine translation engines.
The MT Engine Lifecycle webinar topics include:
- Analyzing source content
- Curating linguistic assets
- Mapping source content to available parallel data
- Classifying the parallel data based on statistics
- Training and retraining domain-specific engines which provide greater relevance and coverage
- Validating MT engines
- Selecting the best output