role: business development director – Park IP
Locations: Chicago, IL and Houston, TX
Date Posted: 02/22/2016
Reporting to: Global Director of Sales
Park IP Translations is a Welocalize company. Welocalize, founded in 1997, is a fast growing, privately held, venture backed company. The company’s services include technology services, globalization consulting, translation, localization and testing solutions for applications and content including software, multimedia, learning services and mobile applications.
Park IP, founded in 2005, is based in New York City. Park IP Translations is the world’s leading patent and technical translation consultancy. With a unique focus on intellectual property, Park IP is the leader in patent prosecution and international litigation linguistic support. Currently, Park IP has offices and staff in countries around the world and counts many of the world’s largest law firms and corporations as valued clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Development Director’s primary purpose is to bring in new sales to the organization, as well as, coordinate sales efforts with Global Team.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Making contact with new and existing clients to develop and maintain the healthy working relationship with Welocalize.
- Bring in new accounts outside regular lead management.
- Working with the Program Directors, Enterprise Project Managers and/or Project Manager (PM) to create account plans, RFPs, SOWs , quotes and ensuring that administrative details are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Updating Salesforce.com
- Creating and updating sales plans and projections for clients via Salesforce.com.
- Tracking yearly projections for clients utilizing Salesforce.com.
- Coordinating RFP/RFQ/RFI responses, as needed.
- Attending industry events, as required.
- Working in a global team defining the underlying value proposition and service offerings for your existing clients and new client targets.
- In conjunction with your MANAGER, help generate a higher return on our sales and marketing efforts to produce a larger volume of above threshold clients.
- In conjunction with your MANAGER and global team move opportunities along the sales process to help achieve closed sales above budget, up to and including closing.
- In conjunction with your MANAGER, take responsibility and accountability for designated clients and projects.
- Collaboration with your MANAGER and global team, to define internal and external expectations and align those to specific deliverables.
- Actively manage your marketing investments in Salesforce.com for measurable results.
Minimum requirements include:
- A BDD must have a minimum of two consecutive years of Sales Experience and able to demonstrate success in a like industry and position.
- Must have current experience working with a sales quota on a monthly / yearly basis.
- Sales experience in the legal / business services / translation space a plus but not required
- The BDD must have an understanding and proven track record working with Salesforce.com or related CRM.
- Has track record of procuring leads on his or her own while “owning” their business.
- Has track record of finding, closing and maintaining business including new and existing accounts.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and two to five years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Required Skills: Strong computer skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail oriented, positive attitude and outstanding problem solving skills, ability to work well with others and independently in a multi-cultural atmosphere. Familiarity with the translation/localization industry a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.