senior project manager
role: senior project manager
location: san mateo, california or portland, oregon
date posted: 12/23/2014
FLSA status: exempt
Welocalize, Inc., founded in 1997, offers innovative translation and localization solutions helping global brands to grow and reach audiences around the world in more than 125 languages. Our solutions include global localization management, translation, supply chain management, people sourcing, language services and automation tools including MT, testing and staffing solutions and enterprise translation management technologies. With over 600 employees worldwide, Welocalize maintains offices in the United States, UK, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan and China.
- Project planning, execution, tracking, delivery and closure using Welocalize standard process and tools.
- Owning relationships with the customer at the project level and working closely with Welocalize account directors and production teams to optimize delivery, client satisfaction, quality and profitability.
- Clear written and verbal communication to both internal and external stakeholders regarding project scope, financials, progress and status.
- Drive and participate in the development of project workflows which focus on quality in all aspects of project delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating and managing project schedules.
- Creating project estimates and proposals for customer approval.
- Management of budget to actual reporting at the project level.
- Ensuring all finance systems data is accurate and kept up-to-date.
- Proven experience in the preparation and implementation of project plans.
- Risk assessment and strategic planning of activities to minimize potential issues.
- Providing a regular status to client on project progress.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customer contacts at the project level, with measurable success in customer ratings.
- Working with the production team in the continuous improvement of project delivery and profitability.
- Development and preparation of process documents where required.
- Establishing strong relationships with both internal and external (vendor) resources.
- Operating with a medium level of support, including recognizing and escalating in a timely manner any issues beyond their control.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience in a localization project management services position
- Bachelor’s degree in Translation, Localization, Business, or related field
- Advanced PC user skills
- Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Translation Management Systems such as GlobalSight, Idiom World Server, or SDL TMS
- Demonstrated success at managing $1m+ accounts and/or projects
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Experience in development of processes and ideas
- Positive, open-minded team player
- Excellent spoken and written English
Department: Project Management
Reporting to: Enterprise Program Manager