role: it director
Location: Boston, Massachusetts Date Posted: 10/22/2013
Duties: Responsible for overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT and Software Development functions and both client and vendor facing language technology solutions such as our Globalsight translation management system. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing infrastructure, applications, and development of new technical solutions.
This position is an Executive team role with responsibility to deliver on a large technology budget while ensuring full alignment of all technology initiatives to our business goals.
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT and development departments. Work with the company and staff to assess and respond to IT needs.
- Work with the company to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Manage an IT staff of 12 people, a development team of 24 people and client facing solutions team of 9 people. Demonstrate leadership abilities to our clients with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules.
- Hold departmental meetings to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth paths for staff.
- Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance appraisals, and delegate work assignments for all technology personnel.
- Evolve the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed.
- Coordinate release and sprint planning. Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Serve as primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements, and other major vendor interactions, Systems Operations and Maintenance.
Requirements: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field, plus six years of experience. Five years of experience in technical operations management. Experience managing a global team of technology professionals. Six years of experience in localization industry. Experience working with translation management systems, translation memory and machine translation. Travel for meetings and conferences as necessary.40 hours/week, $169000 per year. Must also have authority to work permanently in the U.S. Applicants who are interested in this position may apply to Welocalize, Inc., Attn: Deanna Bennett, 241 East 4th St, Suite 207, Frederick, MD 21701 for consideration.